Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Another poem

There's thunder and lightning
And we're stuck inside
But it's okay
Because the sun shines
Harshly on our flaws
And I adore the rain
I've never loved you more
So let's be in love today
We'll go out and dance in the storm
And marvel at the heavens
And when the rain stops
And the sun comes to greet us
We'll say goodbye
And dash inside
Because we don't need it

I'm really quite proud of this one. This was another challenge - include rain. Nate said it was perfect. Which, of course, it isn't but still...it made me happy. Plus, I'm just really happy with it. I'm happy with how it turned out. It took me quite a while to write it, much longer than my poems usually take. And when I was finally done I felt like I'd written what I'd been trying to write for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment