Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, September 22, 2012

I've got a poem for you

Summer slips away
And the days slip into longer nights
As we slip into something colder
And trees shiver
And drop their leaves
Green becoming red, gold, brown
As they make the journey down
Left there to form a carpet
Of beautiful death
Naked trees are clawed hands
Trembling and arthritic
In bitter winds
That soon bring snow
That white downy blanket
Sent to warm the world
As we warm each other
In sweaters, sitting by fireplaces
And soon spring shall come again
Bringing flowers and new life with it

I quite like most of this one except for the last few lines. I'm not very good at ending poems. I often feel like most things I come up with (this one included) are kind of corny and cliche. But oh well, I shall work on it.
I wrote this one as part of a challenge between me and my friend, Nate. The challenge was just to write a poem about the seasons changing.
So there you go, and I have one more to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment