Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dear Neville Longbottom

I think in the beginning of the series, you were regarded as a humorous character - you were clumsy, forgetful, and very unconfident. And I think you were scared and unsure about the hat's desicion to put you in Gryffindor.
And now, 7 years later, we see that the sorting was right all along. We started to realize as the years went by, that you, Neville, were just as much a hero as Harry Potter.
I've always kind of wanted to be friends with you. At first, simply because you seemed like a sweet person, if a little bumbling. But then, I realized that you had taught me so much about self-confidence and what being a hero means. I still want to be friends with you, now because I would improve simply by being around you.
Another thing, I know if would have felt great to avenge your parents and kill Bellatrix, but then I think the satisfaction would have worn off and unease settled in. I'm glad you didn't have to kill anyone. I think it would have changed you for the worse. I'm just glad it didn't have to happen that way.
Neville, you are one of the characters I love the most. I see myself in you and what I'd like to become. And I see a wonderful friend.
Hannah is very lucky.

Always,
Alyssa

P.S. I'm sorry you're getting your letter a bit late. My owl, Juniper, was off hunting while I was writing and didn't come back until after midnight. But I suppose, better late than never, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment