Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dear Hermione Granger,

I could always see myself in you more than I could the other characters. I was also known to have my nose in a book and I could even come off as a know-it-all. I've never been told this but I'm sure I get on some people's nerves. I even have bushy hair.
So when I read about you getting your letter even though you had muggle parents and no idea about magic, I couldn't help but hope that it was a foretelling of my own Hogwarts acceptance letter. My letter didn't come. But I did keep reading about your adventures at Hogwarts. I didn't like Draco, especially when he was mean to you. I cried when Ron made you cry. I smiled like an idiot when you guys (finally) got together. It gave me hope for my own true love. And while I'll always ship you with Draco, you and Ron will always be my OTP.
Reading about you was like reading about myself. I was wrong before, I did get my acceptance letter. It came in the form of your story. Of the stories of your friends, and your enemies.
Thank you for showing me that I should never change who I am for anything, that I should never hide my intelligence, that there's a boy out there that will like my because I'm smart, and that girls can be a princess and a hero.
Without you, Miss Granger, I'm not sure who I would be. Thank you!

Always,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment