Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, February 25, 2013

Spinning

I was just standing in my kitchen spinning on the spot and reading. I was making tea and reading while I waited for it to brew. I couldn't get comfortable standing up because my weight was constantly on one leg or the other. I'm not good at standing up straight. So I started shifting which changed to a spin that slow like dancing. Then I was turning on the tiled floor in my socked feet. And everything past my book blurred and it was a very singular sort of thing. I felt alone and sort of liberated which sounds weird, I know. But I was reading about these characters I cared about while I spun around and my own world seemed much less substantial than the one about which I was reading. And I realized maybe I should start reading like this more often because it does seem to add something to the experience.
And then the ding went off to tell me that my tea was done and the feeling passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment