Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, April 23, 2012

Does anyone still make (real) mixtapes?

I've been reading a book about mixtapes and past loves and the like. And I realized that I wasn't alive for that era (or, I suppose, I wasn't old enough. I was only born in '93). And because I couldn't, I want to. I want to make a mixtape. I love the nostalgia involved. The stories that they hold and the homemade covers and liner notes. They're wonderful, really (would I be going too far if I said they were beautiful).
But I'm wondering if there are people out there that still cling to that time and make mixtapes on actual cassettes. I'm also wondering because I'd like to make one for each of my parents for their birthdays, which are in June. I've started on my dad's but I'm not sure about my mum's.
My plan was to burn a playlist to a CD then play that on a radio and record it onto a cassette. I know it wouldn't have that same effect and sound and feel of fast-forwarding one tape, pausing it, recording onto the other one and repeat. I know that, but there isn't much I can do about it. I still want to make one as best I can.
My only problem is that I don't think I have a stereo or radio or whatever that'll record onto a cassette.
So...yeah...that's my short and completely pointless post about mixtapes.
...uhh...bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment