Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"To live...would be an awfully big adventure"

Okay, I have to say it. I'm now incontrovertibly obsessed with Peter Pan. I kind of liked the Disney version but never overly loved it but I just rewatched the one from 2003 a week or so ago and I now love it. I just think it is so amazing. I love the relationship between Peter and Wendy (or Jeremy Sumpter and Rachel Hurd-Wood). I mean for being child actors I think they do such a good job of portraying the nuances of the complicated, and often one sided, relationship. So yeah, needless to say, I'm obsessed. I've also decided I want a tattoo quoting it.
To live would be an awfully big adventure
I love that line. It reminds me that life is an adventure and we have to live it. Sometimes we have to leave through the nursery window and meet the Lost Boys and fight Capt. Hook. So I really like it and it does mean quite a bit to me, already. Only problem is, I don't really know where to put it. It's a little long so I can't quite figure out where it would fit quite right. So yeah (and, I'm sorry, I really need to stop starting my sentences with "so"), anyway. There's another line that I really love, too.
Peter Pan had experienced many joys which other children could never know. But he was looking at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.
That one line always kind of makes me choke up a little bit. I don't know why, but whatever. Don't judge me.
I downloaded the three books that feature Peter Pan on my Kindle. There's two that focus on him and the first one merely mentions him for a single chapter. I think I'll skip that one to be truthful but I started the next one and am now wondering if I should read that one to gain a bit more background.
But whatever, you're probably not interested in my strange obsession with Peter Pan.
And with that, I leave you now.

Until next time love,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment