Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I hate (most) remakes

Confession time: I've never seen Footloose. But I knew it was a classic. So when I saw that they were remaking it I was thinking, "Why does everything need to be ruined by greedy companies desparate for money?" I've always been wary of remakes. They're very rarely necessary or well done.
But with this remake of Footloose coming out and the trailer being on every channel every ten minutes, I kind of want to see it. I won't say it looks good because I've seen neither the original or the remake. But it has sparked my interest. I want to watch the original and comment on it. Then watch the remake and do the same. I'd like to make it a (very short) series on my blog here. It'll probably be about three posts.
Once I see the original, I'll let you know where I plan to go from there. I may watch the trailer again and think it looks horrible.
But I wanted to do this because it's just like reading a book before seeing a movie, which I'm very adament about (by the way, there's a website about that, called Read It 1st).
Anyway, we'll see.
This is our time to cut loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment