Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, October 10, 2011

Dear Harry Potter,

I'd like to be able to tell you something dramatic. That without you I wouldn't be here or that reading your story kept me from my awful home life.
But the truth is I can't tell you that. I had a great childhood. I was an only child, my parents were still together and we lived in a good neighborhood. I was happy. And I thought it was always like that.
Harry, I started reading about you when I was 8 years old. Your abuse at the hands of the Dursleys was as new to me as the Wizarding World was to us both.
Over the years, you saw new horrors and so did I. No longer were we innocent children. We knew that there was true evil out in the world and that it often seemed as though good and justice had no hope of winning.
When I was in high school I started to become more and more depressed eventually taking medication for it.
And I went back to your books Harry and I saw all that you had to be upset about. I saw all the things that you could have fallen apart about. You could've given up long ago and we all would have understood. But you knew what you had to do. And you helped me to know that I had to go on as well. That there were much worse things happening than what I was going through.
You made my childhood magical and you made my transition from adolescence to adulthood just a little easier.
I doubt there will ever be another like you.

Always,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment