Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic            Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I Wanted To Post

Hi there. I wanted to post something so here I am. I'm thinking this blog will mostly focus on words. The things I write or the things that I read and admire or detest.
I've been thinking a lot about fanfiction. I'd like to write an Office fanfiction story but I'm not sure what to write about. I think that's my big problem with writing. I want to do it and so I try to come up with an idea rather than wait for inspiration to strike. And that is just such a frustrating thing for me. Wanting to write and not being able to. So if you happen to be holding to any little plot bunnies that you're not gonna use...perhaps you could donate them to me?
But as far as the writing of others goes. I've just finished the second book of The Apprentice of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Oppel. The second book is called Such Wicked Intent and it's probably one of my favorite books of the year. It was just so great. I really like the books anyway because of their gothic Victorian setting and prequel-to-a-classic plot. But I really love the characters as well and Kenneth Oppel is a master of last pages. With the last 30 or so pages of Such Wicked Intent my heart was racing and I was pounding with adrenaline. And when I finally finished I felt worn out. It reminds me of a quote that, I'm sorry, I do not know by heart but the main gist is that one should feel tired after finishing a book because you live several lives over the course of it. And I always liked that. When I get that feeling when finishing a book, I really remember what keeps me reading. Searching for that satisfied and totally happy worn out but excited feeling. I was just so happy to fins that again. It's also prompted me to start looking for Kenneth Oppel's other books from the library. So that's exciting.
Anyway there's some other books I've started and I'll try to talk about those in a later post.
You can also find my book reviews at readingbymoonlight.tumblr.com but I warn  you I'm not great at reviewing. I'm practicing.
Yours,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment